Saturday, May 17, 2014

Why Haven't I Been Writing?

Maybe it's because I've started drawing and that's filling a creative need previously filled with writing.

Maybe it's because the pain medication I've been taking has sedated my brain, making it quiet.

Maybe it's because my energies have been occupied with urgent things.

Maybe it's because I am in a foggy place mentally.

Maybe it's because it's just not a writing time for me.

Who knows?  Whatever the reason, I hope the desire to write returns soon.  I miss that part of me.

7 comments:

karen said...

(((HUGS))) hope you feel better soon and find inspiration and peace.

Bonnie said...

I understand. I haven't been either. It just isn't the time.

Rubye Jack said...

I'm always ill at ease when I can't write, but that's how it was for the previous couple of months. Quite simply, no ideas came to mind that might serve as stimulation. For me, it has to do with when I isolate too much.

thebrowngirlwithlonghair said...

Hi, there. Hang in! Your desire will return. I think writing is a creative process, and like any creative process, there is an ebb and flow...

I can totally identify with this: "Maybe it's because it's just not a writing time for me."

Yeah, ding, ding, ding. This has been the culprit for me before...similarly, when the moment strikes, I cannot ignore it -- even if it means rising from my bed in the dead of night to open my laptop. (I both hate and love when that happens...)

Stopping by from SITS. :-)

Lana L. said...

Sounds like you have a lot going on in your life right now. The writing will come when it's ready. Hope you are feeling better soon!

viviene @ thejourneyofawoman said...

We all have those moments. My blog gets quiet every once in a while too. Don't worry you'll soon get back to it! =D


www.thejourneyofawoman.com

Melissa G. said...

That happens sometimes. We find other interests to occupy us. We'll all be here when you're ready to write again. Hope you're well.